DMI Home Builders
2-10 Home Buyer Warranty
Buying a newly constructed home often becomes the most expensive purchase you will ever make and one that you will want to protect. High on your shopping list should be selecting a builder who provides a new home structural defect warranty. DMI is a member of one of the strongest national warranty companies, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.
Before becoming a 2-10 HBW member, DMI had to undergo an extensive screening process that analyzed our experience and financial stability. To maintain our high-quality standards in the building industry, 2-10 HBW conducts careful inspections not only of our work but also our subcontractors. DMI displays the 2-10 symbol so you can buy with confidence.
As a savvy homebuyer, you should only consider buying a home from a builder who offers a warranty from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Only then can you have the satisfaction of knowing that your builder’s warranty obligations are clearly defined in writing and backed by a strong warranty insurer. DMI will enroll your home in the warranty program at the date of closing.
What benefits does the warranty provide? Perhaps the most important benefit is the confidence you will have in your buying decision. The second most important benefit is one you will enjoy if you sell your home: the warranty stays with the home and automatically transfers upon change of ownership. From the date of closing, you will have coverage for ten years on qualified structural defects. And all of this warranty coverage is paid for by DMI.
- 10 Full years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components.
- 2 Full years of system surety coverage against defects in wiring, piping, and ductwork in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating, and mechanical systems.
- 1 Full-year surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials.
- Systems and Appliance Warranty may be purchased separately.
View the interactive home for more warranty information!
Your new home is covered by one of the best warranties in the building business, the 2-10 HBW. At your closing, you were provided with a warranty manual that thoroughly outlines your responsibilities as the homeowner and our responsibilities as the builder. DMI will follow the guidelines in this manual for all items regarding your warranty, including determination of eligibility for warranty, proper procedure, and warranty dates. Before making any warranty claim, please be sure you have consulted your HBW manual.
DMI is the warranty service provider. 2-10 HBW is to be contacted only if you feel DMI has not properly followed the warranty guidelines and provided the service required under the warranty.
If you need warranty service, please follow the directions below:
- Consult your Home Buyer Warranty Manual to see if the issue you are experiencing is a covered warranty item.
- Report all warranty claims to DMI in writing unless the issue is an emergency such as no water, no A/C, water leak, etc. Printable Claim Form
- If your warranty claim is an emergency, please call DMI toll free at 866-299-2161 and report it. We will try to have it taken care of immediately. If you have an emergency outside of regular office hours, please fill out the Online Claim Form for a faster response.
- If your problem is not an emergency but you still need service, please complete the Printable Claim Form or provided Online Claim Form with a complete explanation and description of the problem. Be sure to complete the form, including your name, address, phone number, and email address so that we may contact you if any additional information is necessary.
- Upon receipt of the warranty claim form we will confirm your warranty dates and the warranty coverage outlined for the described problem. We will respond by calling the responsible subcontractor to report the problem. The subcontractor will in turn call you for an appointment. If there is no warranty coverage available for the reported item or you are out of your warranty period, we will respond in writing with an explanation.
- Appointments will be made during regular business hours only; no appointments will be made outside of these hours or on weekends.
- For a subcontractor or DMI representative to take care of any warranty claim, you or your representative must be present at the appointment to give us access.
We will work hard to promptly and completely take care of all legitimate warranty items. Please do not report items that are not covered under the warranty but are your maintenance responsibility. If you have a question about what is covered, consult your warranty manual or email your questions in the on-page Online Claim Form.